29/09/2015

Painting - creature with wavy hair

This is a painting I've been working on for quite some time. I think I started painting it a few years ago but I never got satisfied with the way it looked. This summer I found it and started to paint on it again, changed color of the hair and the background and this was the result.



I added some black details on the background and with a white pen I drew the contours of the face and the hair. I think adding some white messy lines to a painting makes it so much more interesting.


I think it turned out quite nice. I really like how the colors go together. When I paint I'm often more concerned over that the colors are nice and the picture is balanced, rather than that the face should be shadowed in the right places and look real. I don't feel I have the patience for thinking about how the light falls on the face, but I guess it's something I could work on. If you have any tips or tricks for me please leave a comment.

<3 Josso

No comments:

Post a Comment