27/11/2015

My budget version of a Filofax style planner


In the crafty world planners are really popular, especially Filofax style planners in which you can add your own papers and inserts and customize however you feel like. I've been on youtube for too many hours watching videos of beautiful Filofaxes, how people decorate them and make them so, so pretty and cute. The problem is that I'm a student and you really don't get rich from studying (even if you live in Finland where the universities are free) and real Filofaxes can be very expensive. Luckily I found in Suomalainen kirjakauppa ("the Finnish bookstore") a notebook that you can open and add pages to, exactly like a Filofax. And it was only 10 €, hurray!


This is how my planner looks like when you open it. The "love this" sign, the paperclips and the tabs I've all gotten from different pocket letter swaps as goodies. The elephant paperclip is my favorite, it's sooo cute!! I wanted to have a pink/orange/yellow theme for the planner with some mint green details and I really like how it turned out, i like that color combination. These kinds of planners are fun cause next year I can just use the same cover but make new inserts. I think next years planner will be a white, black and mint green themed!


To easier find the right page for the week it currently is I made a shaker pocket filled with some matching stars and sequins. I used a pocket letter page and cut out one of the small pockets. Then I just filled it and closed it with some washi tape. Really easy to do and it makes planning more fun!


Here is one of the pages I made for the planner. In order to make the holes for the page I just used one of the calendar pages as a model and marked where the holes should go and then I used a normal hole punch. There's really no need to buy one of those expensive 6-hole punches.

That was a small peak into my planner! If you're interested in seeing more planner-related stuff, just leave me a comment so I know.

<3 Josso

1 comment:

  1. Uhhh, lucky you!!! I'm so happy for you, you got this :)
    The decorations look awesome and I would be more than happy to get more of this planner stuff :D
    And you are right, this little elephant paperclip is too cute!
    Sizu =)

    ReplyDelete